Top Horizontal Menu

Big Char Siew

Char Siew is one big ball of fur - with a lot of energy.  He doesn't get as much chance to expend it while he stays inside our kitchen but once I remove the baby gate - the first thing he does is jump around on his hind feet and even uses us a spring board.  He also crouches like the predator blood that runs through his veins.   It was cute when he was a puppy but now that he's fully grown - at the very least, it's annoying - but sometimes it's also dangerous because he can topple us over.

I've been trying to teach him to stop using the humans in the House of Queens as a spring board.  He doesn't seem to be getting it.   I used the knee to the chest technique that one can find in most dog training sites.  I also try to use positive reinforcement by giving him treats when he's calm.  All I can say is correcting that bad behavior is a work in progress.

Here's a new photo I took of him.  You'll notice it's a bit noisy.  The ISO in this picture was 3200.  I have to crank it up that high because I need a fast shutter speed when shooting Char Siew.  He moves his head really fast - that in action shots his head is a big blur if the shutter speed is not fast enough.   There isn't a lot of light in the house - so having a higher ISO allows me to at least make the picture as bright as it can be - in that fast shutter speed.


4 comments:

  1. Char Siew looks good in the pic, very energetic I might add :)

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hero. He's really one energetic furball. Sniff yah later :-) ( borrowed that from my other shar pei friend Bolo )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time he got weighed at the Vet - I think he was 45 lbs.

    ReplyDelete