Top Horizontal Menu

Exacta Body Monitoring Scale

I've always wanted this:  a bathroom scale that measures - not just your weight.  It will also measure your body fat percentage.  They have always been expensive in the past but I learned that even the original brand (Tanita) can come under 50 US Dollars now.   The brand that we bought is called Exacta and we bought it from TrueValue in Powerplant mall.   

Since I quit my gym a year ago - I no longer have access to the body fat measurement - so this gadget is a really good investment in measuring my progress.


Setting up the scale can be difficult at first.  You need to read the manual because using the scale is not that intuitive.  Once set up - you can just step on the scale in the morning and get your weight, body fat percentage, water percentage, muscle mass percentage, and approximate calories you need in a day to support your weight.  


The other day,  I ordered a double cheeseburger meal with large fries, large coke, and large sundae.  Just with that meal - I learned that my weight increased by two pounds and my body fat percentage increased by 1.2 %age points.

2 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! I am on a diet because of my age. We might need one of those so I can just weight myself at home instead of going to the vet. It seems to be accurate ... Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sugar. We use the scale to track my dog's weight too. I get on the scale to get my weight - then I carry them and go on the scale. Then I subtract the second result from my weight.

    I'm not sure if the body-fat measurement will work for dogs.

    BTW --- thank you for checking out our blog.

    ReplyDelete