Top Horizontal Menu

Spring Cleaning

I've been trying to simplify my life.  To be honest - I don't really know what that means.  In fact, I am actually wondering if that's the right thing to do.  I have dreams of having a best seller autobiography - and I'm not sure if a simple life is what people would want to read.  People love drama.  I don't like to have drama in my life.  I want to live a life of peace.

So - not knowing where to start --- I turn to something that I can control - my closet.  I have tons of clothes.  However - more than half of them I do not wear.  They are either no longer in fashion - or - they no longer fit me.  I used to be 150 lbs.  I am now 172 lbs.  I like my shirts tailor fit - or slim fit - so there's no way I will fit into a lot of those shirts.  I kept them when I gained five pounds.  I continued to keep them when I gained 10 pounds.  At the back of my mind - I told myself I can get back to that old weight and I will fit into these shirts.   So I went through my closet - and kept those that I can still wear ( because they're still in fashio and I actually fit into them ).   All the others - I asked friends and relatives to check if they want to keep them.  My best friend ended up getting a lot of them and sending them to the tailor to get it to fit him.  Note - I'm 5'7'' and hes 5'5'' so the shirts and pants needed some alteration.

So after the spring cleaning - this is what my closet looks like:


I am satisfied with the results.  I actually used to have clothes on the top and bottom rows.   It's nice to free up the space underneath.  Especially since  I have some items that are best kept inside the closet: My Bags.


So here is the closet - again with the bags and a piece of luggage that used to just lie on one corner of my bedroom.  Now it can be kept inside the closet.  And yes - that's a mini shredder that I keep to shred all my ATM receipts and financial documents that I also clean up every three months.

I've done my spring cleaning.  Have you started with yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment