Top Horizontal Menu

Eat at Army And Navy

When I was invited by my friend to eat at Army and Navy I thought she was referring to the Army and Navy club.  I was a bit excited because I have not tried the food at the Army and Navy club.  The last time I was there – I was in High School.  Apparently – she was referring to this fast food restaurant at the new Solaris building on dela Rosa st.  She has heard of raving reviews of the sandwiches in the area.

Blackberry 036

The first time we tried to dine in the restaurant – there were too many cabs parked in front of it so we decided to just order in.   I ordered their regular burger – which has a quarter pounder patty.  That was one tasty burger.  Think – Jollibee tasty.  I know – only us Filipinos could appreciate the way Jollibee seasons its burger.

Blackberry 038

The other night though – we realized that the Taxi queue in front of the restaurant moves quickly and we can just park the car there – while we grab a quick bite.  This is at 2:00 AM so no cops roam around the area.  Besides – if the taxis form a queue in front – why can’t we park there?

Blackberry 016

Anyways – we entered the restaurant and I found the décor quirky and kitsch.  Even the menu items are a bit too much.  For example – they call their Iced Tea – Libertea.  They call their French Fries – Freedom Fries.  But quirkiness aside – the food is good.  This time I ordered their Freedom Fries and Philly style chicken cheese steak.  Yum-yum.

Blackberry 045

Blackberry 046

As this poster says – their mission for you to come in hungry and walk out Happy. 

Blackberry 043

1 comment: