Top Horizontal Menu

My Harry Potter Treasure

DSC01046[1]I first read Harry Potter when the second book: “The Chamber of Secrets” came out.  I bought book one and two simultaneously and finished both books quickly as I was captured by the story of the little Wizard boy.  I watched the first movie – and I can’t remember which one of the subsequent movies I watched on the big screen and which one I waited to come out on HBO.   I guess that goes to show that I am a big fan of the book but not the movies.

DSC01047[1] As much as I am a big fan – I have a confession to make.  I have not read the concluding book: “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”.  I know the story via the different spoilers that came out.  However – due to a combination of getting into an episode in my life when I stopped reading – and the disinterest in the story telling style of JK Rowling on the last two books prior to the Deathly Hallows – I did not read the last book.

DSC01048[1] Today – however – I am back to reading books.   I have been reading electronic books due to the iPad that I bought.  I realized that I missed reading.  I think that it’s time for me to read the last part of the Harry Potter saga.   What better way to do that than to buy the collectors item of the book – which comes in a box – shaped as a treasure chest.   I am tempted not to read this version for fear of soiling the book – but I quickly told myself that a book that is for mere display does not live out its essence.  Books need to be read not displayed.

DSC01055[1] I’m excited about this set.  Growing up, I inherited books from my uncles.  These were the stories of “Sleeping Beauty”, “The Call of the Wild”, “Jungle Book" and others which were the first novels that I read as a child.   I am hoping that this boxed set becomes one of those prized possessions that I can pass on to the next generation of Queens in the house.    I actually hope that the children in our family will come to love Harry Potter and its characters not just through the movies but through the pages of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment