Top Horizontal Menu

Filling Station - Good Ol' Diner

Filling StationFilling Station1I was supposed to fly to Washington DC this weekend for a business meeting.   However, the DC area ( including Maryland and Virginia ) were buried in snow.  So the meeting got cancelled.

It was just fitting that since I didn't get to go to the  US,  that we try out a popular American diner in the Makati area.   I'm talking about the Filling Station located at Burgos st.   The whole place looks and feels  like a real American diner.  It has a lot of memorabilia and I was expecting the Fonz to appear.  I made sure I got pictures taken with two of my alter egos - Superman and Wonder-woman.

We took the opportunity to order milkshake and root-beer float.  There aren't a lot of restaurants in the Philippines who serve them.  We were not disappointed.   They were good.  Of course - all the other dishes we ordered - Pizza, Shrimp popcorn and Buffalo Wings tasted like what they should taste like - Diner food.   For my friends and myself - that means having that warm Fuzzy feeling after you take the first bite.

We are definitely coming back for the other dishes.   I think they have hundreds of options.   I will definitely try their breakfast fare next time because they advertised that they bake fresh breads daily.  Plus - I have not taken a picture with the Hulk and Flash.























No comments:

Post a Comment