Top Horizontal Menu

Nina Ottoson's Dog Smart

During the first Family Dog training session that Char Siew and Daddy attended - the instructor talked about providing mental stimulation for Char Siew and me apart from the physical exercise that we get.  He then brought out all these contraptions that can be used as puzzles for us canine companions.  They are called Nina Ottoson toys. 

Last weekend;  Char Siew, and I dragged daddy into the Hobbes and Landes store at Bonifacion High St.  


We sat in front of the Dog Smart box and gave our best puppy dog looks so Daddy gets us this new toy.


Remember - that as a very young puppy - one of my favorite past time is to chew on wood.  I actually destroyed a lot of wooden furniture in the old house of queens.  So I was very excited to get this new toy.  It's got a lot of wood that I can chew.


Daddy said that the wood is not for chewing.  He said that this is actually a treasure hunt.  He will be hiding treats underneath the wooden pegs and my goal is to figure out how I can get to the treats.


I inspected the contraption and I can actually smell the treats.  They were yummy treats.  They were desiccated cow liver. 


I tried pushing them using my nose.


It would not move.  I was actually drooling over the delicious smell.


I tried to view the Dog Smart toy from another angle to see if I can figure it out.


After trying so many times to push it ... I realized that this wasn't as easy as I thought.   So I got onto my "stay-down position" and told Daddy - "Show me."


Stay tuned my friends.  Do you think I will be able to figure it out?

Blogger's Note: A post by Midori the Beagle.

2 comments:

  1. If the treat is yummy enough, I have no doubt you'll figure it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOL! Maybe we need these, Char Siew!
    http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Umbrella-Keeps-your-Comfotable/dp/B000T0JUE8

    ReplyDelete