Top Horizontal Menu

Lovely Dinner at Mandarin Tivoli

This week, one of my former bosses posted on her Facebook page that she is in Manila.  She actually hired me in my current position in the company I’m currently working for.  She left a couple of years back after surviving cancer. Like most of my former bosses – we didn’t burn bridges and we kept in touch.

Since both of us had busy schedules – the most that we can really do is meet up for Dinner.  I was actually happy to hear that she is staying at the Mandarin Oriental Manila because this hotel had decent restaurant choices.  It’s been years since I have dined in the Mandarin Tivoli, and I was looking forward to dining there again.  My boss was also thankful for taking her to that restaurant because this was her first really good meal since she started her business travel this week.

tivoli_amouse_busche[1]

The Mandarin Tivoli Amuse-Bouche – Lobster Ravioli

The Mandarin Tivoli experience was a pleasant surprise.  It has always been good but this time – I can definitely say that it delivers a really great dining experience.  I’ve been to another Mandarin Oriental restaurant abroad: Les Normandie – and that was a top notch experience.   This one at Manila – comes really close to that experience – for a fraction of the price.

tivoli_seats[1]

I Love these Chairs. I also love the Table Setting

The restaurant’s overall ambience and decor is luxurious and I love their chairs and their table setting.  You will actually notice the beautiful print on the charger plate.  Their waiters were very attentive and our own waiter even prepared the salad dressing in front of us.   I have written about a supposedly luxurious restaurant in a previous post – and I will just say that after this experience in Mandarin Tivoli – the other restaurant’s name just seemed pretentious.  If you want luxury – Tivoli is the restaurant for you.

tivoli_cesar_making[1] 

The Caesar Salad Dressing Prepared Fresh

tivoli_ceasar_dress[1]

The Caesar Salad Dressing Ingredients

I’m sure you’d like to know how the food was.   They are delicious.  The Millionaire’s salad that we opted to share had lobster, scallops, Foie Gras, and Truffle oil.  The Ceasar Salad was also good and as I said earlier – the dressing was prepared in front of us.  For our main dishes – we ordered the Parmesan Crusted Lapu Lapu, and the Barramundi with Mussel.   We had to have good fish dishes because our guest was from Seattle where there is really good fish.  I’m telling you those fish dishes were divine.

tivoli_lapu[1]

Parmesan Encrusted Lapu Lapu (Grouper)

tivoli_barramundi[1] 

Barramundi and Mussels Rissoto

tivoli_caesar[1]

Cesar Salad with Scallops

tivoli_millionaire_salad[1]

Millionaire Salad with Scallops, Lobster, Foie Gras, Mango

tivoli_cellery_cappucino[1]

Celery Cappuccino with Fried Wanton

tivoli_treats[1]

After Dinner Treats

In the post prior to this – I indicated that we saw a poster for a Michelin Star chef invited from the Tokyo Mandarin next week.  If I were you – I’d make my reservations.  I’m sure that will be a great culinary experience.

Tivoli%20Mandarin%20026[1]

2 comments:

  1. It was, indeed, a wonderful meal with wonderful company! So good to see you again. We will definitely get together on my next trip to Manila! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog about Mandarin food is really awesome and this meal looks delicious. Thanks for sharing experience. I love Mandarin food very much and i have tried many mandarin recipes which i got from YouTube , recipe books and many other website at home .

    ReplyDelete