Top Horizontal Menu

G-Connect Hard Drive

On my visit to Dallas, I bought so much gadgets and most of them are useful and I'm happy over the purchase even if my credit card was hurting after that trip.  I think that of all the gadgets I bought, the most useful amongst all of them ismy G-Connect hard drive.


The G-Connect hard drive has a 500 MB capacity.  What sets it apart from the other hard drives out there is that you can access its content wirelessly.  The content is not just accessible to my PC and Macbook, it's also accessible to my iPad, iPhone and any other iOS device. This is important to me because I want to be able to see all my videos and photos through my iPad.  The on board 64G in those devices is just not enough.


That's not all - I think the most useful feature of the G-Connect for someone like me who travels a lot is that it can also function as a WiFi router.  Hotels typically allow you to connect via WiFi but not all of them have WiFi in the rooms.  You will need to plug your computer to the network to access the internet.  This of course becomes problematic when you have your iPad or iPhone which can only connect via WiFi.  The Macbook can easily share its network connection but it's a pain having to carry the Macbook and my work PC all the time.  The G-Connect is ultra portable and if you use it as your portable hard drive it really is not adding a lot of weight in your luggage.  The G-Connect allows up to five devices to connect to it.   

One caveat that I have about the G-Connect is that it does not have an internal battery.  You will need to plug it into the wall socket or you can also plug it into the USB socket of your computer.  Another alternative for power is to buy a portable battery which has an output ot 5V or 2.0 A.

For more information on the device,  visit their product site at: G-Connect

No comments:

Post a Comment