Top Horizontal Menu

My Furry Nightingales

Last night, I found myself suffering from extreme stomach pain.  It was accompanied by frequent trips to the bathroom.  I think I had food poisoning – unfortunately I can’t pinpoint what it’s from.  The only culprit I can think of is the mango that I ate yesterday for breakfast.

Needless to say, I was miserable and could not report for work.  I also asked Regina to take me to the hospital around midnight so I can get some prescription to alleviate the pain.  Apart from the stomach pain I was already developing migraine which I think is triggered by my allergies.

In times like these, I am happy that I am not alone and I can rely on my two best friends: Regina and Ryan.  I may not be with my family but at least I know I’m not going to languish in misery.  What I found amazing though is that apparently – our four legged residents: Midori the Beagle and Char Siew the Shar-Pei seem to understand that I was in pain.  They were especially sweet last night and in fact Midori even wanted to stay by the bedside – something that she doesn’t normally do when she’s inside our room.

DSC01903 DSC03917

I’m on a lot of meds right now and the stomach pain is gone.  I still have my migraine.  Hopefully – I’ll be back in shape just in time for work later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment