Top Horizontal Menu

I Want to be Legally Blonde

Most of my friends know that my favorite movie is Legally Blonde.  Nope ... people don't think that I'm dumb ... the first time that they see me.  Some people say that I have the "angas" of someone who thinks he's too smart for everyone else.  In fact - some people even say that I look intimidating if you see me and you have not met me.


The truth is ... like everyone else,  I have insecurities ... and no ... I don't think that I'm smarter than everyone else.   Being schooled in Ateneo and Manila Science taught me that I'm actually not the genius that my parents and my grade school teachers had me believe while I was growing up.   And as I was released to the real world - I realized that intelligence is nothing compared to the wisdom that some people gain as they find themselves fighting the different battles of life.

Now - since people think that I'm intimidating - I actually have been trying to master the art of being a ditz ... that's why I love Elle Woods.   She's a natural when it comes to projecting the image that she's an airhead --- even though she's actually a really smart lady.

Have I been successful?  Too bad ... I'm not ... people still think that I'm the smart one or the smart mouth.   Folks ... I know ... that you know that I'm brilliant .... but what I want to hear from y'all is not how you're amazed that I got multiple scholarships when I was in College ... but that I am so damn good looking ... that you didn't think that I would be smart.  Ok ... you can ignore the superlative description ... but hey ... it wouldn't hurt if I will hear more compliments about the way that I look you know.

Maybe I should dye my hair blonde ... what do you think?